1 The World Curling Federation (WCF) is the International Federation responsible for the organisation of the Olympic Winter Sport of curling. With 53 members spread across the world, the WCF leads the development of curling through a varied programme of international competitions, education and support programmes. The WCF is also responsible for the Paralympic Winter Sport of Wheelchair Curling.
2 The WCF is a Swiss-registered company with its administrative office in Perth, Scotland. This position would be based at the Perth Offices.
3 This is a part-time position requiring the candidate to work 20 hours a week, the WCF is flexible as to exactly how the hours are split but will expect the successful applicant to work at least four days a week. For this position, applicants should indicate their salary expectations on their letter of application. The actual salary will be dependant on the experience of the candidate.
4 The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role and will have strong written English language skills as well as a good command of MS Office, especially Excel and experience of accounting software such as Sage or Quickbooks. Experience of working in multiple currencies would be an advantage. This position may suit a part-qualified accountant.
5 We are looking for an individual who can play their part in the team that delivers support services to the WCF but is also capable of working under their own initiative.
6 Applications should be in the form of a CV and covering letter outlining the candidates suitability for the post and salary expectations.
7 Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com by 12noon BST 8th September 2014.
8 Interviews are expected to be conducted the week of the 15th September 2013The aim of the Post
9. The main aim of the post is to support the work of the Finance Controller and ensure the accurate and efficient recording of the WCF’s financial activity.Responsibility
10. The successful candidate will be responsible to the Finance Controller for the delivery of the tasks outlined below, they may also be asked to contribute to the general development of the WCF.Main Tasks
11. Processing purchase ledger activities including recording in accounting software
12. Processing expense claims from competitions and events
13. Producing Bank reconcilliations
14. Supporting the work of the Finance Controller
15. Assisting in the general administration of the organization as required
16. Any other duties as reasonably required