Shanghai University of International Business and Economics (Suibe) is seeking a curling coach.
Located in No. 1900 Wenxiang Road, Songjiang District, Shanghai, China, SUIBE has 10,000 undergraduates.
Founded in 1960, formerly known as Shanghai Institute of Foreign Trade, SUIBE now is one of the most renowned universities of Foreign Trade and International Business in China.
SUIBE’s curling team was co-established by Shanghai Municipal Education Commission, Shanghai Sports Bureau and the university in February 2012.
There is a curling rink with two sheets of curling ice next to the SUIBE campus.
SUIBE has founded a Men’s team and a Women’s team, the players of which are all undergraduates.
Both teams won awards in the national curling games. In September 2013, both teams went to Canada and participated in training and games, and the women’s team won third place in a cashspiel held at Abbotsford Curling Club.
The women’s team also represented China in the 26th World Winter Universiade and beat Japan and Italy, finishing with a final ranking of ninth.REQUIREMENTS
- Age between 30-55
- Certified (Canadian) Level 3 in Curling or equivalent at a minimum
- More than 5 years’ experience of leading a competitive level curling team
- Bachelor’s degree
- In good health
- With a strong sense of responsibilityJOB DESCRIPTION Working hours:
At ordinary times: 20 hours per week (on average).
During training camps: 30 hours per week (60 days training camps per year).
Contract for 1 year from May 2014 to April 2015 (contract may be extended). Payment:
1. $4000 CDN per month (after tax) and possible bonus
2. Accommodation providedTo find more details and apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com